Parent Accounts: In order for parents to access student grades (PowerSchool) and see student assignments, teacher communications, class resources, etc. (PowerSchool Learning), parents must create an account at https://powerschool.cdolinc.net/public.
If you are a parent who already has a PowerSchool account, with the Diocese of Lincoln Schools, and would like access to PowerSchool Learning, please click here to view the instructions on how to log in with your existing PowerSchool account.
St. John's Grade School is located at 7601 Vine Street, Lincoln, NE. It is affiliated with St. John the Apostle Parish and includes Pre-School through 8th Grade. The Pastor at St. John's is Rev. Lyle Johnson, the Associate Pastor is Rev. Chris Eckrich, and the Principal is Mr. Tony Arens.
Summer Office Hours: Mondays from 8am-3pm
St. John’s School is a Christ-centered learning community that prepares each student to be a successful life-long learner. We provide opportunities that promote the development of every student’s unique gifts and talents, empowering each child to become a responsible, respectful, and caring citizen who lives the faith. The school assists the parents in their role as the main educators of their children, offering a complete education, both secular and religious. It is governed by the policies and principles of the Catholic Diocese of Lincoln, accredited by the Nebraska Department of Education, and overseen by the parish pastor as superintendent, and by the school principal. St. John’s is a preschool through 8th -grade school.
To accomplish the Mission Statement, our goals and objectives include:
- To pass on the Catholic faith through the Mass, Sacraments, and by being Christ-like role models.
- To develop a positive family environment where students, parents, faculty, and staff feel accepted, respected, and valued.
- To develop communication and cooperation between administration, faculty, students, and parents.
- To establish an atmosphere with Christ-like expectations of conduct and high academic standards.
- To encourage the children to be aware of and develop the goodness and talents God has given them.
- To offer the best curriculum utilizing the benefits of past techniques while incorporating new ideas after careful consideration and research to form a program in which each teacher is comfortable (staying within curriculum guidelines).
Step by Step Process
- Update and/or Add Student and Family Information for 2019-2020 ~Snap Code required for each returning student ~You will need to create a new PowerSchool Registration account for your family if you did not complete this step with the original snapcode letters sent home in January with students. ~All new students will not need a Snap Code. Click on the link for NEW STUDENT
- Optional – Complete the Good Shepherd Scholarship Application by March 31, 2019, for financial assistance and/or the family tuition cap (more than 3 students in any Lincoln Diocesan Catholic School) assistance. Click here for more
Good Shepherd Scholarship Information.
- Tuition Agreement 2019-2020 –coming home with students (youngest and only) next week, 2/20/2019. Please complete both sides, sign and return to the school office by Friday, March 16, 2019. Tuition Agreement & Registration Form.
|6:30 a.m.||Extended Care Available|
|7:45 a.m.||Morning supervision begins|
|7:55 a.m.||First Bell – students enter|
|8:00 a.m.||Tardy Bell – attendance and lunch taken|
|10:55 a.m.||K-2 Lunch|
|11:15 a.m.||3-5 Lunch|
|11:50 a.m.||Jr. High Lunch|
|3:15 p.m.||Dismissal (K-8)|
|3:30 p.m.||Outside supervision ends|
|3:30 p.m.||Extended Care Available until 5:45 p.m|
St. John's School participates in the Federal Hot Lunch Program. The Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application can be found below.
The hot lunch prices for the current year are below. You can buy lunches per day or give a set amount, and it will be broken up into how many days that will buy.
|Hot Lunch Prices|
|K - 8th||$2.40|
Our goal is to make sure that children and parents are safe during drop-off and pick-up times from school. Please see the flow chart in the appendix. This procedure creates a safe traffic flow for students and parents and moves traffic off Vine Street quickly to alleviate congestion and to reduce the possibility of accidents. Drop off/pick up areas are to the east and south side of the school. Students will enter the east double doors. The main entrance on the north will remain locked and will not be used for drop off/pick up times. Please do not exit back onto Vine Street during the drop-off/pick up times. Everyone's cooperation is needed.
Please keep tags on clothing and have your children try on uniforms as soon as possible after you receive them so that there will be time to exchange/order if needed before school starts.
Please note the store's new location in the West Wing of the school. Enter at the west doors (by the bus), take two right turns, one left and you are there! Any questions, contact:
- General ordering information, return policy, and other general questions are on the "Ordering FAQ" link.
- The sizing chart has its own link in the quick links if you have any questions about sizes for certain items.
- General questions about the clothing manufacturer and quality are on the Clothing FAQ link.
- Since sizes are not always equivalent from item to item, it is advisable to bring your children in to try on the uniforms.
- Orders need to be placed at the Uniform Store during their open hours.
- In general, the uniform store will be open two weeknights and two Saturday afternoons per month, except winter months when things are slower.
- Please remember that only Dickies brand items may be worn at the school, so those are the only items we can take in to sell.
- Used uniforms are also available to purchase at Home & School meetings.
- PAYMENT IS DUE AT THE TIME THE ORDER IS PLACED
Please remember to send in used uniforms throughout the year. Our stock is pretty low and it really helps others to have a good supply on hand.
Students must wear the uniform brands available through the St. John’s Uniform Store.
- The Uniform Store will stock short-sleeved Banded Polos in White and Navy; regular short-sleeved polos in Navy, White, & Light Blue may be ordered and carried in stock.
- Banded polos come in the following sizes: Youth XS; Youth S; Youth M; Youth L; Youth XL; AdultS; Adult M; Adult L; Adult XL.
- Regular polos come in the following sizes: Pre-K Medium (5-6); Pre-K Large (7); Youth S; YouthM; Youth L; Youth XL; Adult S; Adult M; Adult L; Adult XL.
The Uniform Store will try to stock both Navy & Khaki flat front/flex pants and shorts. They are available on a first-come/first-serve basis, and more will be ordered as needed. Pants and shorts may not fit the same, so it is important to try on before ordering. Pants and shorts are available in half sizes for girls(beginning at size 10) and husky sizes for boys (beginning at size 8. The Uniform Store tries to carry stock in all sizes and colors, but there may be times when you will have to place an order and wait for an item to come in.
Skirts and Skorts
The Uniform Store will continue to stock Plaid Jumpers, Plaid Skirts, and Khaki and Navy Skorts. The Uniform Store tries to carry stock in all sizes and colors, but there may be times when you will have to place an order and wait for an item to come in. Plaid items that need to be ordered, can take up to three months to come in.
Other items to note
- Items ordered generally take about 4 weeks to receive.
- Shorts and pants do not run the same in sizes.
- Flat Front/Flex Pants are available in half sizes for girls and husky for boys. Slim sizes are not available.