Parent Accounts: In order for parents to access student grades (PowerSchool) and see student assignments, teacher communications, class resources, etc. (PowerSchool Learning), parents must create an account at https://powerschool.cdolinc.net/public.
If you are a parent who already has a PowerSchool account, with the Diocese of Lincoln Schools, and would like access to PowerSchool Learning, please click here to view the instructions on how to log in with your existing PowerSchool account.
St. John's Grade School is located at 7601 Vine Street, Lincoln, NE. It is affiliated with St. John the Apostle Parish and includes Pre-School through 8th Grade. The Pastor at St. John's is Rev. Lyle Johnson, the Associate Pastor is Rev. Chris Eckrich, and the Principal is Mr. Tony Arens.
Summer Office Hours: Mondays from 8am-3pm
St. John’s School is a Christ-centered learning community that prepares each student to be a successful life-long learner. We provide opportunities that promote the development of every student’s unique gifts and talents, empowering each child to become a responsible, respectful, and caring citizen who lives the faith. The school assists the parents in their role as the main educators of their children, offering a complete education, both secular and religious. It is governed by the policies and principles of the Catholic Diocese of Lincoln, accredited by the Nebraska Department of Education, and overseen by the parish pastor as superintendent, and by the school principal. St. John’s is a preschool through 8th -grade school.
To accomplish the Mission Statement, our goals and objectives include:
- To pass on the Catholic faith through the Mass, Sacraments, and by being Christ-like role models.
- To develop a positive family environment where students, parents, faculty, and staff feel accepted, respected, and valued.
- To develop communication and cooperation between administration, faculty, students, and parents.
- To establish an atmosphere with Christ-like expectations of conduct and high academic standards.
- To encourage the children to be aware of and develop the goodness and talents God has given them.
- To offer the best curriculum utilizing the benefits of past techniques while incorporating new ideas after careful consideration and research to form a program in which each teacher is comfortable (staying within curriculum guidelines).
Step by Step Process
You can find this information in the Tuition Announcement Packet emailed to families.
Please make sure you complete all 3 items on this Enrollment List of things to do:
- Email your Enrollment Intent Form – to the school office by March 15, 2022 – or drop it off at the school office.
- Re-Enroll on PowerSchool Enrollment Express your returning student(s) through your parent portal account: http://www.cdolinc.net/enrollment/
**YOU MUST HAVE AN ACCOUNT to re-enroll students. Directions for set up have been sent to any parent with a student who you do not have ‘Data Access’ for on PowerSchool.
- Go to your current family account on FACTS Tuition Management account (2021-2022) to set up the 2022-2023 school year: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/43MMT
New Enrollments (NEW STUDENTS to the DIOCESAN SCHOOLS ONLY!)
- Complete PRE-Enrollment Form…Start here: http://www.cdolinc.net/enrollment/
- Await confirmation email to fully enroll on PowerSchool with directions from the email received.
- Email your Enrollment Intent Form to the school office (for K-8 or PK) - or drop it off in the school office.
- Set up your family’s FACTS Tuition Management account for 2022-2023 at: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/43MMT
The Good Shepherd Scholarship application includes:
Diocesan Good Shepherd Scholarship
Family Tuition Cap Scholarship (more than 3 students per family K-12)
St. John’s Guardian Angel Scholarship
To apply, please go to www.goodshepherdscholarship.com. One application fee paid to FACTS is required for submission.
The deadline for the Good Shepherd Scholarship and the Family Tuition Cap Scholarship is March 31, 2022.
Any Guardian Angel Scholarship requests after 3/31/2022 must be emailed to the school principal, Mr. Tony Arens, before July 31, 2022.
|6:30 a.m.||Extended Care Available|
|7:45 a.m.||Morning supervision begins|
|7:55 a.m.||First Bell – students enter|
|8:00 a.m.||Tardy Bell – attendance and lunch taken|
|10:55 a.m.||K-2 Lunch|
|11:15 a.m.||3-5 Lunch|
|11:50 a.m.||Jr. High Lunch|
|3:15 p.m.||Dismissal (K-8)|
|3:15 p.m.||Extended Care Available until 5:45 p.m|
|3:30 p.m.||Outside supervision ends|
Summer Food Service Program
Check out Nebraska’s Summer Food Service Program. The program which provides free summer meals to kids and teens (ages 1 – 18) may be available in your area at select locations. The meals help ensure children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is out for the summer. There are many open summer meal sites throughout the state of Nebraska. Call 2-1-1 or text FOOD to 877-877.
To locate a “sponsor” in your area, click on the link below:
St. John's School participates in the Federal Hot Lunch Program. The Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Application can be found below.
The hot lunch prices for the current year are below. You can buy lunches per day or give a set amount, and it will be broken up into how many days that will buy.
|Hot Lunch Prices|
|K - 8th||$2.45|
Our goal is to make sure that children and parents are safe during drop-off and pick-up times from school. Please see the flow chart in the appendix. This procedure creates a safe traffic flow for students and parents and moves traffic off Vine Street quickly to alleviate congestion and to reduce the possibility of accidents. Drop off/pick up areas are to the east and south side of the school. Students will enter the east double doors. The main entrance on the north will remain locked and will not be used for drop off/pick up times. Please do not exit back onto Vine Street during the drop-off/pick up times. Everyone's cooperation is needed.
St John's is now using Dennis Uniform for uniform orders. All uniform companies offered by St. John’s in the past (Dickies, Elderwear, A+ Apparel) are all allowed to be worn moving forward. You may continue to purchase Dickies items through Walmart, Amazon, etc. Please see Dennis Welcome Kit for more information.